Post Name: UPSC CGS & Geologist
Posting Date: 20-03-2019
Number of Post: 106
Brief Information: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has given anotification for the recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2019. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online.
Important Dates of UPSC CGS & Geologist
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 20-03-2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 16-04-2019 till 18.00 Hours.
- Last Date for Fee Payment: 15-04-2019 till 23.59 hours
- Date for Exam: 28-06-2019.
Vacancy Details of UPSC CGS & Geologist
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job type||Central Government Jobs|
|Job Location||All over India|
Union Public Service Commission requires following posts to fill their vacancies. Check the latest job vacancy details below UPSC 2019.
- Geologist, Group A – 50 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A – 14 Posts
- Chemist. Group A – 15 Posts
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A – 27 Posts
Educational Qualification For UPSC CGS & Geologist
Candidates are requested to check their education qualification required for various Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) job opportunities.
1.Geologist, Group A
- Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology o r Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology f r o m a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)
2. Geophysicist, Group A
- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
3. Chemist. Group A
- M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
4. Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A
- Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or (b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
To apply Union Public Service Commission job, the candidates required to attain following age limit. The notified aged candidates only can able to apply for the job vacancy. check the age limit details below.
For Gen/ UR Candidates – Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 35 years on 1s t January 2019 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2n d January 1984 and not later than 1s t January 1998
- SC/ST: 5 Yrs
- OBC: 3 Yrs
- Persons with Disabilities: 10 Yrs
- SC/ST PWD: 15 Yrs
- OBC PWD: 13 Yrs
For more reference kindly check the UPSC official notification 2019.
Application Fees For UPSC CGS & Geologist
- Gen/ OBC – Rs.200/-
- ST/SC/ Female/PWD – Nil
Note: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to apply for Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Recruitment for CGS & Geologist Job?
Step 1: Visit UPSC official website – https://upsc.gov.in/
Step 2: Search for CGS & Geologist notification link in careers/ Advertisements/ News page.
Step 3: Download or view the official notification in their official website itself.
Step 4: Check and verify your eligibility to UPSC Recruitment 2019. If you are not eligible for the job notification, ignore and leave space for others.
Step 5: Go through online application link “Apply Now”
Step 6: Create your registration on UPSC and Fill all correct details.
Step 7: Apply for the 106 CGS & Geologist job by clicking apply button
Step 8: Upload your scanned copy of photo and signature to their application form
Step 9: Ensure the given details are correct and accurate.
Step 10: Submit the application
Step 11: Make the payment, if UPSC asks. Others wise ignore this step
Step 12: Take print your application form for future use.